Thread: Cbet? Turnbet?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Cbet? Turnbet?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested to hear what ILP and Miles have to say about the turn action as they are the only people I have any experience with. Do you guys check or bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn play is awfully close Mtgordon. During the heat of battle, here are 5 main factors I would be thinking about:

1) Will he call the turn with a hand like 8x?

2) Will he call the turn with KQ If I bet?

3) Does he check/raise turns with weak top pair hands like A4 in this spot?

4) Is he capable of semibluff check/raising the turn with a big draw like QJ/97?

5) Will he bluff river if I check turn?

Depending on how I weight each factor, the more "Yes" answers I have to those questions the more likely I'm checking the turn. Conversely, more "No" answers = More likely to bet.

I think the answers to questions 1) and 2) and 5) are yes but Im not sure about the rest. Perhaps Villains_Hero will have some idea on questions 3) & 4).

With the information given in the OP I think I would lean towards checking the turn partly becuz I dont think the villain will fold a better hand and also becuz the middle card pairing on the turn gives the villain more legitimate turn C/Ring hands and I dont want to be check/raised off a gutshot. Also based on my experience, players with this stat description will bluff the river very often with their broken draws which is a good thing since Im calling a blank river card. That said, there is no way I would say betting the turn is incorrect. I really dont know the best play here. I think its very close.