View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Very Weird Hand X-Post from HSNL: Showing Love for MSNL

Preflop I think is a clear call. Raise/calling seems terrible against a 7% pfr whose raise sizing screams huge pair, as does folding as I think we have odds to play for set value alone because we can usually anticipate the two other players to come along behind us.

Flop is hard. Obviously we're not going to straight up fold, but I think a normal sized raise ($900 or something) is bad because it commits us to get it in even though we're usually crushed if all the money goes in. I think calling and raising small are both acceptable.

Once the 16/11 cold calls the flop I'm pretty scared. I don't think his check back on the turn discounts a set at all since he just boated up and will therefore slowplay a lot more than he would on like a 3 or something. I think river's a pretty clear c/f, with his range being primarily 88/99. He could also have TJ or something which he will probably check back on the river, and we might have been able to squeeze some value out of by betting, but that's pretty thin and a 16/11 probably isn't even calling JTo pre in this spot.