View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: durrr discovers cheating at WPT foxwoods FT

[ QUOTE ]

I find marked aces all the time in every 10k event I play.. its sick. Ive started covering my cards with both hands as soon as I get them.

In fallsview it was so bad I could do a 2 card shuffle with my cards and tell if I had an ace based on how well they shuffled against the felt before I looked.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't completely surprise me.
In only my 2nd live tournament, a prelim event at the 2005 WSOP, I received a card with a nail-mark on the back and knew it was an ace before I even looked at it.
After folding my A2o UTG I alerted the dealer to it but since I was so new to live-poker I had no idea what I was supposed to do.
Dealer said that many of the cards had marks and if I really wanted to I could ask for a new set-up.
I figured others at the table would want a set-up but nobody seemed concerned about it including the 2 former main-event winners at the table. I let it drop because I figured that if it was a big deal somebody else would have spoken up for a set-up also.
Obviously no idea if the mark happend at the table or not but I noticed it pretty quickly and wasn't even looking for marks.

The suggestion to cover up as much of your cards as you can is probably a good one for many events.