View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: NL25:TT in middleposition.flopped set facing river donk

The 1/2 pot flop bet is a little on the small side, I suppose, but there is a justification for that, which is that Villain probably doesn't have anything, and the bet does at least allow him to consider peeling one off with KJo or whatever while simultaneously building a pot.

The turn card of course sucks if Villain in fact flopped a flush draw, but there's certainly no reason to assume he did, and betting is good. I think I'd make the bet a little bigger though and hope that 7h7c calls anyway. (Part of my thinking is that I'm trying to get my stack in versus Villain's calls, but, despite the anticipated $18 river pot size, it might not be so easy to get a $16 bomb called there. Meanwhile, I won't be nearly as happy about getting my stack in versus a turn checkraise, but that's a different story and also a risk you take.)

The river bet does sort of look like a blocker. It could also be an effort on Villain's part to make sure he makes something on the river with his turned flush. In short, I'm not actually happy to see that bet, but your push does seem all right to me.