View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: HUSNG Theory: Aggression

I struggle with this also from time to time but two things:

1. keep track of ur timing tells - when u cant bluff u will smartly switch from LAG to TAG. That's fine, but I did (and still do that) use to change the time it takes between making a bet or raise when I actually have a hand & when I dont... that's mostly b/c players are so predictable (these [censored] callingstations) that u get bored & tilted & start to speed up things... then when u get a real hand u feel that "payback time babe" inside u and change ur focus & with that ur timing. These CS have big timing tells themselves and that's why they can notice it on u (even if they're totally beginners). Use it to ur advantage.

2. watch urself (pretty obvious but somethings we (I) forget): if u want to play longball u have to set up an opportunity, so u have to "unlock" certain moves IN THEIR MINDS. That being said, when u actually have a big hand, don't do much out of what u have done recently, just stick to the moves THEY THINK are ur usual and be happy. U can make little adjustments of course like when u have a better hand u can put in a 4/5 potsize c-bet instead of a 3/4... very opponent dependent. An usual mistake is that we get excited with big hands and we are not happy winning a medium pot with a flopped set (specially against donks CS), we want to win all their money & often we end up winning nothing.

I'm dazzled with MxGucci saying u should VB river more against missed draws. I really could use some more explanation.
imho if theyre passive and u have a middle pair u prolly better exploring the odds and checking the river. although thats pretty situation dependent.