Thread: The Übernit
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: The Übernit

I also came to NL cash from SnGs, and just recently. I have 23K hands of NL25 6-max at 22.37/12.86 and 2.35 BB/100, and often feel somewhat lost, especially with the donks.

So I tried your ubernit stragegy for 1K hands at the nickel tables:

VPIP 6.21
VPSB 8.70
Folded SB to steal 100.00
Folded BB to steal 92.00
Att to steal 10.24
W$WSF 28.07
Went to SD 21.64
Won$ at SD 48.65
PF raise 4.75
BB/100 6.79

It felt rather odd, but seemed to work. I don't know how much of that was playing the much smaller limits, and how much was the strategy itself. I flopped a lot of sets, got paid on a lot of big hands, then toward the end of the sample started taking some terrible beats, so I guess it averaged out.

It took a lot of self restraint to not steal, not complete the SB, and not call minraises. I also tried to play the nit postflop, foregoing a lot of what I would have done as a LAG.

I can see where this strategy would work well for an absolute noob. Play it for a few thousand hands, then start stealing and adding some additional hands. Might be a reasonable substitute to the normal LAG strategy at 6-max until you develop good postflop skills.

I think somewhere between this and what I've been trying might be a workable strategy.