View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't against Denver.

That said, I would have put any of last year's WC playoff teams as favorites over Cleveland in a 7-game series. GS being the only close one. I don't even remember the finals that well, but I distinctly remember never thinking for a minute that the Spurs were going to lose any of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then perhaps you shouldn't offer your worthless [censored] opinion about it(again, one game was a 1 point game and the other game was a 3 point game)? Jesus this thread has taken a turn for the retarded.

tuq- Time to apply yet more introspection to your argument:

If the Cavaliers, say, had played .500 ball against the top N WC teams but had managed to [censored] around and lose to some WC bottomfeeders so their total record against the conference was 11-19 would you ignore that data point as irrelevant to the relative strength of the two conferences?

I suspect not, given that you included the 45 win 6th seeded Denver Nuggets as a title contender(they lost in the first round!) once you saw the Cavs did poorly against them. I wonder how the Cavs did against the Lakers and Warrior? I'm sure everyone reading this was as shocked as I was to discover that the Cavs went 4-0 against those teams. The Cavs went 8-8 against the WC playoff teams.

The only reason you've seized on this "performance against good teams means more for some reason" nonsense is because you don't understand math(all teams play poorly against good teams! 4-6 against the 5 WC teams better records is a completely respectable and predictable outcome.) Your argument is both intellectually dishonest and insultingly stupid.