View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Re: i got sexied by a slovenian

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the thing: I bet when you bet the river, you knew that betting the river was wrong. Right? Tell the truth. It will be a good experience. When you bet the river, you only bet the river because you said to yourself "Well, I have top pair top kicker and he checked to me on the river so I have to bet." that is why you bet the river. Am I right? But in your gut, you knew that betting the river was wrong. You wanted to check the river, I bet. I will bet anything that you really wanted to check the river but you would have felt like a wimp if your hand was good and you didn't bet the river so you bet the river and then when you got check raised you wanted to show that you could still play good so you folded to the check-raise even though, I mean, all his play so far in this hand is consistent with another AK, especially the AK of clubs. 15 to 1 that he doesn't have that. I dunno. Am I right about all this? I mean I read your posts, I know you play good. Did you really, deep in your heart, feel that betting that river was a good bet? Did you really want to bet that river? Did you press bet feeling like it was a good bet? Were you happy when he checked the river and did you say to yourself, yes! Woo and you pressed bet happily? Or did you bet because you had top pair top kicker and you got checked ot on the river and that's what you do when you get checked to on the river on a not-scary board with top pair top kicker and you knew you shouldn't bet but you bet anyway and you knew that raise was coming and you went god damn it and you folded because you knew you shouldn't have bet in the first place? I like to think about these things, so I'm interested in knowing the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, to tell you the truth, i hesitated for a moment, thinking maybe i should check behind, but then i thought i probably have value in a bet, as i do have top pair top kicker and his check is kind of wierd here, so i bet, i wasnt totally sure about it, i didnt have a plan layed out for what i am going to do if he raises, i now think that bet was a mistake, mainly because if he is a good handreader, it should be fairly clear that i have either TPTK or possibly aces and that i would likely bet if checked to

when he raised, i figured that he figured my likely hands are AK or AA, and it seemed that AK was beat, i dont think that he would think that i would fold AK here, and it seemed that i was getting owned, i couldnt really put him on a hand that would do this other than aces or kings, or maybe something with a 3 in it that he overplayed preflop, but i probably should have checked behind to avoid this situation, or just payed it off since the pot was pretty big at this point

very nice posts by the way, they were good reads, and something to think about in terms of trying to think about my actions and play well in practice

anyway, he told me he had 45c, but i dont know if i believe him or not

i dont necessarily agree with people saying that i overplayed this on other streets, i think that up until the turn 3-bet, there are a lot of holdings like weaker kings and draws and such that i am ahead of, and i dont think he folds an underpair, but he might