View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Default 100NL: River check?

6-max 100NL

Hero ($191.25) is UTG+1 with Ad-8d
UTG+2 ($45) posts $1

UTG folds, Hero limps, UTG+2 checks, button ($51.90) calls, SB ($97.25) completes, BB ($50) checks

Flop 7c-4h-8c (Pot: $5)
Checked to Hero, Hero bets $4, folded around to button, button calls, folded around

Turn 7c-4h-8c-8h (Pot: $13)
Hero bets $10, button calls

River 7c-4h-8c-8h-6s (Pot: $33)
Hero checks, button shoves for $36.90, Hero calls

So my rationale on the river is this: If he has the straight and I make any kind of bet here I'm basically betting his stack because it's going in and I can't fold to a shove if I make any kind of reasonable bet here. If I check, he shoves his straight anyways, but I also give him an opportunity to bluff at it thinking I'm scared of the four straight on the board. If I bet at it, he's probably folding hands like 7-6 that he may shove if I check it to him. He can also shove missed flush draws as well. I also honestly felt like I was good here: I feel like if he has 6-5 he'd probably raise the turn though it's a possibility even though it's somewhat unlikely. The only hand I was really afraid of here was 7-5. I didn't really see too many hands I set him in with that he calls with that I have beat besides a random K8 that he might still fold if I bet.

Anyways, thoughts on the river here/hand in general?