View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Jimmy Rollins - Philly sports talk radio rant

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Demon,

Juan Pierre .293 BA
Prince Fielder .288 BA

Juan is a better hitter than Prince, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are like 10 other ways to compare batters (and there are different kinds of batters), i dont know many other ways to compare fielders besides errors and fielding % (and there arent that many ways to play shortstop)

so ur analogy is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

alright your incorrect (that's a fact) but it's not that big of a deal, just don't be so stubborn

I don't know how you can post in the sporting events thread and not pick up on all the other fielding metrics that are available... + - charts are copy and pasted in most threads where fielding is being debated

Not all of these charts are EXACT... but fielding percentage is probably the least telling stat in baseball... it is fairly meaningless

Now, jus don't be argumentitive, and just try and listen and learn....maybe even get some books if you wanna take it to the next level

fielding percentags are for annoying retards like skip bayless, the reason why I, and other people enjoy this forum is that we can get away from that crap and have logical (as much as possible) sports discussion