View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: November 14th: House Judiciary Committee Hearing Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the lineup for the hearing:

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV)

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Catherine Hanaway, US Attorney, Missouri
-- she has been an active opponent of ours, prosecuting the BetOnSports case and the Sporting News gambling ads case
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Professor Joseph Weiler, NYU School of Law
-- expert on the dispute settlement mechanism of the WTO
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Michael Calopy, Aristotle, Inc.
-- he testified last time on technology to prevent underage IG
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Valery Abend, Treasury Department
-- adviser on IG ( US Treasury - Valerie Abend)
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Annie Duke

[/ QUOTE ]

This will ne no cake walk like the last hearing.
We need to be writing letters to the committee.

I wrote concerning age verification as follows:

Chairman Conyers and Members Judiciary Committee;

I am very pleased to see that a hearing is being held concerning Internet Gaming.

To begin with, I do hope a change is coming and this hearing will be web cast for myself and all who are interested to watch; much is at stake.

Though I am in no way opposed to Internet Gaming, I would very much like my government to establish a viable and working framework for International commerce to be secure and safe.

I note that Mr. Michael Colopy, Senior Vice President of Communications, Aristotle, Inc. is going to testify concerning the viability of age verification to prevent minors from accessing gaming.

Additionally, I note with interest that such Internet giants as AOL and MSN as affiliates of World Winner and World Winner itself, a Newton, Ma. company has no problem concerning this.

World Winner provides ‘SKILL’ gaming now in the United States to 39 states. As a testament to the reliability of the software used in age verification by this American Gaming Company, they even allow AOL and MSN to market these games via link on the same page as children’s games and have no problems I have read concerning underage gaming.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX
XXXXX, XX