View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: HUSNG Theory: Aggression

The good old rule that all poker books tell you applies:

- Play aggressive against tight players
- Play tight against aggressive players

Although this is more of a strategy for full tables, but I think it really works at HU sng's as well, especially when blinds are low.

I always try to play a mental game with my opponent, if I notice he is aggressive, I will slow down the game by stalling a lot, firing out min bets (with no hand / with a monster hand), this usually frusturates them. They sometimes will re-raise you on the mere fact that they think you are "weak". If lets say you had "no hand", you insta-fold, and he gets the feeling he can do that move everytime you min raise. And when you do have that "monster hand", depending on the board, I will either cold-call him or just re-raise him.

This really works against aggressive opponents, you just have to adjust your playing style based on each opponent. Realize what might tick them off, and exploit it. There is no "rule book" of plays which you must follow 100% of the time, obviously there are strategies which are profitable, but if both opponents are using the same strategies, would that be profitable?

Implement your own game and feel, play your opponent more then your cards.

Dave: I play mainly small ball against calling stations