View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Borgata $5K: Every Live Tell There Is In One Hand

[ QUOTE ]
600/1200/100. Villain has about 50K, I have 38K. Villain got moved to the table a little while ago, no reads. Villain makes it 3K from the hijack, I raise to 9K on the button with JJ, planning to call a shove.

Villain asks for a chip count from me, then says, "I'm not going to call, I have to decide if I'm going to fold or shove." Minutes go by with him sitting there, then he shoves. I say, "If you have aces, that was quite an impressive performance, sir." I then look at him for a while, he stares back at me, drumming his fingers on the table. He then says, "If you're taking this long to decide, you should muck." A few minutes go by, he then calls the clock on me.

My read: this guy is intentionally throwing off every reverse tell in the book because he has AA, I'm fairly sure I would fold KK here. Agreed?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big part of the reason I prefer not to speak or engage people during hands, just because I don't want some peripheral BS to screw with my decision...I don't think any of the information you gained with your statement or from his helps clarify the situation, and I'm actually inclined to think, based on all the aspects of the hand that you described, that he could easily have AK or AQs and might want a fold. I'm obviously never [censored] folding KK here...also, if you chose to fold JJ, I hope it wasn't faceup.