Thread: sizing c-bets
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: sizing c-bets

it's definitely a leak to use the same bet size for every c-bet. stack sizes, hand strength, and board texture among other things should all play a role in your bet sizing. its obviously ok to have a standard amount (i.e. 2/3 or 3/4 pot) but you really should be trying to adjust in order to manipulate your opponents better.

some examples would be 200bb deep, you have 22 and raise preflop from the button and sb calls. the board is 289 two-tone. i would usually be betting full pot here because the stacks are super deep, we have a big hand, and we want the money going in as fast as possible.

another would be 100bb deep, we raise JTs from HJ, BU calls, and we flop KJ8 with a flush draw. I usually full pot here as well, since we have a huge draw, yet still are happy taking the pot down without seeing the last two cards.

all that said, against regulars that MIGHT pick up on stuff like this you should be careful, but in all reality not many uNL players are going to be able to figure you out. especially if occasionally you make the PSB with air or TP instead of just huge hands and big draws.