View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: does anyone else think nvg and bbv are just stains on 2+2?

Few thoughts:

- I keep meaning to ask somebody to remove me as a mod from NVG and then getting lazy and forgetting. So like, do that.

- I would be well in favor of nuking NVG. I think that there's value in a "news" forum, but the "views and gossip" part is pretty horrible. When I fist took over modding that forum, I wanted to make some changes, and that didn't work. I think the only way you can do that, and make it not totally suck is to delete the forum and start over. If you do blow up NVG, you may or may not want to create a "railbird" forum, since that's a big part of NVG, but not really specifically NVGish.

- BBV4L is just something that not everybody is going to like. I think it's fantastic with a few problems that can be solved. It might look worse right now, because I get the feeling non of us mods were terribly active over the weekend. I think sites like 2p2 need off-topic forums, and since OOT clearly (and I think to some extent correctly) does not want the kind of content in which BBV4L specializes, we need to have 2.