View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: could US collapse like the USSR did ?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not so certain about the FED. They just cut rates twice (printing more money) with the $ at longtime lows. They are feeding the devaluation of the currency instead of actally stabalizing it. The gubment continues to spend more and more and more of imaginary money it does not have racking up enormous debt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point is debatable. I don't believe there is any conspiracy to wreck the US economy by the FED. I can't see them taking any action that will directly result in harming the country. After all, they are the biggest stake holders. See Adios' post below.

[ QUOTE ]
As for muscle to back up the promise, what happens when they can no longer afford to pay the people who man that muscle in anything other than a hyperinflating currency? Do you think they are going to stick around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see here, draft, involuntary extensions, recall, or maybe pay from the spoils (the least likely). You are forgetting the threat of the US prison system and coercive power the service does so enjoy using on its members.