View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: 1/2 NL winrates?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All things being equal, would one make more at 3/6 limit or 1/2NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 NL and its not even close... moreso with those juicy 500 and 1000 buyin games, that is pretty awesome to have those at your disposal... The more I think about it, the average stack is the question I should have also asked. I think a winrate equal to 8-10% of the average stack per hour is attainable by anyone who isnt an idiot monkey, dont even need to be the best at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

3/6 limit is a card catching contest. You have to catch cards & hope your hand outruns the other 9 idiots chasing you all the way to the river. There's no strategy or hand reading. It's no foldem holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this like its a bad thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

dont you think this can be a bad thing. if you cant get anyone off a hand then it is a card catching contest. welcome to playing 9/4 ubernit style. i feel this way alot when im playing 1-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it can be bad when you experience the painful part of variance. But its pretty [censored] sweet when you experience the fun part of variance. And in the end people making lots of mistakes = awesome.

Edit: Look at a simple case where everybody every time stays to the river. All things being equal we break even (minus rake).

BUT, since we have control over the money that goes into the pot (by betting) when we have a strong hand we make more money because we make the other people pay to see the river. When we have a weak hand we fold preflop and don't pay anything. Therefore we make more with our strong hands, we lose less with our weak hands, and in the end we make more then the other players.