View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: My First, And Perhaps Only, Statement About Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never buying another one of your books, David Sklansky

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

Every professional player should do as Sklansky describe it. Be careful, you might be cheated where ever you play. Don't mix moral with profession, take advantage. If you think you will do good at AP right now, play there. That's fine with me. A professional should make decisions based on this rational ethos.

However..

Sklansky is not just a professional poker player. He is an authoritative poker author and it is in this roll he are famous and it is also in this roll his statement will be evaluated. Here we have an author who have no problem to advice people to play at a pokersite who have cheated players if they think they will do good there.

However, he could have choose another angel. Sklansky could have pick up the opportunity, as a famous an authoritative poker author, to give voice for a general point of view which would benefit online poker in the long run. That point would of course have to deal with values which are not limited to the interest a single player have in the short run. If onlinepoker have legal problem in USA today, it will not be easier in the future if famous poker personalities show a total nihilistic view in respond to the biggest cheating scandal in online pokers history.

I will never again buy a book from David Sklansky. And that is a moral statement.