View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Crazy Question about Omnipotence

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right in a linear view. But if he understands he doesn't need to be benevolent but to let the natural laws of man arise and observe. It's a matter of perception, I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the perception of the victim is not relevant to a tyrant!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tyranny and dispassion are two different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree although they can show congruence. If your view of god is a dispassionate one, I have no arguments, like I have no argument against greek, hindu, roman, and other mythologies. It all explain things much better than a compassionate god! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they do. And we seem to agree on the basic premise. However, I seem to be more optimistic, if only because I think a single event can happen multiple times, as many times as necessary to resolve the equation for that specific event.

And the final solution for a specific event isn't always benevolent. But in the greater sum, logic would dictate such. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Having faith in more than just humanity being the be-all and end-all and a fair harmony to this universe isn't a bad thing, I suppose.