View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, given that it is literally almost impossible to return the money because it wasn't some lump sum given by "Stormfront", but rather made in small donations by a few of their posters,

[/ QUOTE ]

1) No, it is not almost impossible to return the money. I assume that campaigns in the US are required to record the names and addresses of donors. So you send those people a cheque.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because I'm sure they included "Stormfront poster" in their donation.

[ QUOTE ]

2) It included a donation from at least one member of their leadership group - not random anonymous "posters"

3) Of course donations that are not identifiable as being from the Stormfront group should not be returned. There is obviously no way of identifying unknown donations.

[ QUOTE ]
that Dr. Paul's "positions must be the most closely aligned with Nazis out of the candidates standing."

[/ QUOTE ]

4) Deliberately fiddling with my comments is a sign of someone who can't address them on an intellectually fair basis.

It is extraordinary that you <u>create</u> quotes, and then bring out the next line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I paraphrased. I did not attribute what was in the quotes directly to you; I didn't bother to scroll back up. It is representative of what you said, as your cosmetic FYP in bold indicates. If that is supposed to make you look less like a troll, lol. In fact, that pretty much says it all.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Troll elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

5) I do not think that presenting commonsense view points is "trolling." Simply because I hold a view that is in the minority in this thread does not make me a troll.

I am hardly being offensive about other posters, and there is nothing trollish about politely and intelligently responding to posters who respond to an issue that I care about, and which largely respond to my posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is trollish is continuing to insinuate that Ron Paul's positions "must most closely represent those of Nazis of the candidates standing" because he refuses to give money to Nazis.

Fine. You think he should give money back to unidentifiable anonymous donors. We get it. Perhaps you think its a bad PR move to do otherwise. You probably have an argument there. But to continue to repeatedly insinuate that if he sticks to his previous statement and principled position, that anybody dumb enough to give money to his campaign without knowing what he stands for doesn't deserve to get the money back, well then he must be a white supremacist, which is *exactly* what you are insinuating, THAT is pathetic. THAT is trolling. Your professions of innocence and high-mindedness are transparent.

[ QUOTE ]
I also note that I'm not the poster in this thread who claimed someone else would "prefer" to "further white supremacism." I'm not the one who accused others of having a "problem" with "peace, liberty and limited government." Remove the log from your own eye before you try to remove the splinter from someone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't my fault that you want money to be channeled to members of white supremist groups instead of to someone working for peace, liberty and limited government. That is what *you* are *literally* calling for.

See how your principled position can be portrayed as evil and nazi-supporting? Annoying, isn't it?