View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

i think he folds the flop a ton, the problem is that all the hands he folds are the ones i dont want him to fold. if he somehow made me fold the best hand here i would be astonished but if he did good for him because he has absolutely no reason to believe im doing something other than being retardedly trappy or much more realistically trying to get to the river cheaply. i honestly cant remember the last time i did something like this but it felt pretty right at the time and im still pretty pleased with myself. i feel like the best overall developments in my lhe game recently have resulted in me causing people to do what i want them to do while doing what they dont want me to do which is obviously great. fwiw if i have like 66 here i probably bet but 88-99 i like what i did because i am giving very few 6 outters a free card

btw why are the songs "how far we've come" and "thrash unreal" so good?

also i almost folded to the river 3bet in this hand before i took into consideration [x] online poker:

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 9s Jc (one pair, threes).
Hero has Kd 3s (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

along similar lines i played the following hand in the 60 at commerce this weekend:

fold to sb, i inform him that i play because a couple weeks ago i was winning money so i thought it would be a good idea to quit chopping. he is tight and not really great and raises, i call with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
he checks i check

turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he checks i check

river K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he bets I call and lose to quads. i can't fold because there is some possibility that he thinks ak/aa should be played like this so that makes me think maybe i should have raise/fold but if he 3bets i dont know if i can fold bc i may convince myself he would 3bet ak so i think playing it like this was fine.