View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Talking about returning donations is one thing, but saying that Ron Paul's beliefs are the same as Nazis is way over the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'm not saying that Ron Paul's beliefs are the same as Nazis - that's the whole point.

I don't even know what Ron Paul's beliefs/policies are. If he's quoting from von Mises and Hayek, I'd probably agree with those aspects.

My point is purely about political donations.

Here in Australia, if a group that you fundamentally disagree with donates to your political campaign, you return the money. You return the money because there is a fundamental disagreement between the donor and the recipient. If there is a fundamental disagreement between the donor and the recipient, there is no reason for the donor to give the money.

Let me give you the hot tip that every other significant Presidential candidate would return money donated by Stormfront leaders as soon as the source was identified - because there is a fundamental disagreement between what the candidates believe and what the Stormfront leaders believe.

Of course, if there is no fundamental disagreement, you can keep the money. If there is no fundamental disagreement between Stormfront and Ron Paul, he can keep the $500. He certainly won't receive my support if he does.

I have a personal interest in this, primarily because:
a) I strongly believe in advancing the cause of freedom;
b) I am descended from holocaust survivors;
c) I've received crap personally targeted at me by fruitloop holocaust denying groups here in Australia

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Hitler was a vegetarian, so all vegetarians are Nazis too!

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course this is self-evidently absurd. There is no causal relationship between the two issues.