View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Strange NL betting rule

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If hes calling 100 on the turn with FD... He's calling it on the flop... Either way same result [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you come play in my home game? He didn't have a flush draw to call on the flop, he got it on the turn due to OPs inability to drive him out of the pot. Flush draw would not have called on the flop if OP could have bet $100.

My experience, and how we handle this in my home game, is if the raise is for more than half of the original bet, there can be reraises. So if original bet was $30, if shortstack goes all in for $15 or more on top of calling the $30 original bet than others can reraise NL, if shortstack can only reraise $14.99 or less ($0.99 is just for exactness)than there can be no reraises. It is a fair rule, you just need to know it. The beauty is when you are aware of all the stacks at the table and are able to use this rule against others trapping 3 - 4 cally wally's in the middle drawing very thin by betting an amount that if the shortstack wants to push, his raise is just a bit more than half of the original bet. It doesn't happen very often, but it is SUPER FUN when it does.

Sorry OP that it rolled out like that on you, but rules are rules, you just got to know them, which isn't easy if you play in multiple places.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me see if I understand your "rules." Before any action post flop player A bets $30. Player B only has $14.99 so he calls. Are you saying that players C, D, E, can only call player A's $30? Cuz if you are you have some retarded rules. If you aren't then please clarify?