View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Anarchists must be Anarcho-capitalists

[ QUOTE ]
But why do you need one group's territory to be distinct from another's?

[/ QUOTE ]

because thats the only available means of attaining anarchy. Anarchy is rule by individuals over themselves rather than groups or individuals over other individuals. To rule ones self is the first distinct divide of private property and this is a natural necessary truth. One cannot make any action or claim to the contrary without conceding that they own themselves in so far as they are acting without the consent of others. I cannot even exist on this earth without occupying some space and land without the consent of others. Without allowing for private land use, who am i to stop someone who desires to stand precisely where im standing? I can only defend my territory by private property.

So far as there are conflicts, which only arise where there is scarcity, the sole rational means of solving these conflicts without resorting to an argument that equates to statism is to invoke private property rights. These are the only options available, statism or private property.

Statism is defined as an intuition that rules above and beyond the individual's rule of oneself or, in other words, infringements of private property.