View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

Jennie starts round 2 with foxtrot. I know I'm a broken record here, but smile, Jennie, smile! She was better here, but this wasn't a spectacular dance. For a lot of her movements when she was out of the frame, she didn't quite finish her moves. Her lines and her movements looked good at the beginning and in the middle, but they didn't quite have the finish they needed to wow me. I have to agree with Bruno. This wasn't quite there. I think her 26 was a good score for her, but given what dances earned a 27, she might have seserved a 25.

Edyta was back in bangin' form with a much improved costume. Oh yeah, and Cameron danced a routine, too. I agree with the judges that his routine was again a little textbook, but the 24 he was rated was too low. I think his cha cha was definitely better than Jennie's jive or Marie's rumba.

Marie closes out her night with jive. And not only a jive, a country jive. I don't think there's any way I could truly like this routine. Objectively, though, it was short in the choreography department. For her technique, though, her triple steps were consistently weak -- she never really collected her feet in them. No way was this better than Cameron's cha cha. Her 25 was generous compared to his 24.

Helio's quickstep was fun, and some of the best choreography of the night. I loved the contrast between fast and slow, where he was stretching the beat and where he was keeping up with the incredibly quick tempo. I can't help but notice his shoulders creeping in at some points, especially during the more difficult patterns. As much as I've been cheering for Helio, I honestly think his 30 was a little generous. I was thinking 28-29.

I have to agree w/ Katy that Mel's mambo was the dance of the night. The choreography was fantastic, and her technique was impeccable. Some of the synchrony between her and Max's arms was truly remarkable, precision usually only seen after a lot of practice in top pros. It wasn't perfect through the whole routine, but she was very sharp. Wow, I don't know how Carrie Ann gave her a 9. That's highway robbery after Helio got a generous 30. Is Carrie Ann deliberately spreading the "perfect 10" love around a bit? Maybe.