View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: 50NL: AKs - How do I get to valuetown?

[ QUOTE ]
riv play:

diamond hits - small value bet, say $25 and who knows if a set would call a shove on the turn they might call 25 on the riv. this is the only senario where real value is lost and with only 8 diamonds in the deck I'll take that chance.

board pairs - still way a head of alot of his range, but sure, could be crushed. Again if a set was calling a shove on the turn then we lost the hand regardless so what is everyone so upset about. I'm calling any bet after the board pairs which, unless it's all in then I probably saved a few buck from the turn shove. but whatever, calling on the turn commits to an all in on the riv.

no scare card hits: odds of getting at LEAST one more sizable bet or value town out of a worse hand is bascially a sure thing.

The real money maker by playing this line is that if the villian is bluffing you probably get another bet out of him on the riv 50+% of the time.

shoving the turn pushs out everything assuming the player is half resonable.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to look at stack sizes. Villain has us covered by roughly $22. If we get it in on the turn with a made hand we give villain the pot odds to call. He has already committed himself to the hand. Calling is not an option. Villain will call our last $25 on the river. If Hero had more in his stack re-raising villain might be an option. However, he started with $78 so shoving is the best play on the turn.

AC