View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Simplifying My Absolute Post

[ QUOTE ]

1. Cheaters deserve to be punished. To a lesser extent arrogant idiots do too.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing you need to do is clear up who you are talking about when you say "arrogant idiots".

[ QUOTE ]

2. Since Absolute still probably doesn't have good cheating catching software, anyone who plays there is more likely to be cheated than if they played at a site that does have this software.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good, albeit obvious, point.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Absolute is going to whether this storm no matter what we do. And they are probably going to get rid of the bad apples and eventually run a good site. Driving them out of business might be fun. But if it is mainly innocent idiots who are hurt rather than thieves it isn't that fun. Also making too much of this whole thing when they are now trying to correct it, could be bad for poker in general. That being said I would be all for a probably futile effort to put them out of business if it was clear they have retained their theives and were still trying to rob us. But it is not clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are ways to run Absolute Poker out of business, but it involves the world outside of the online poker forums, where there has been a severe lack of coverage by mainstream media and powerful representatives of the game of poker.

It will never be clear the thieves are there, because they are trying to hide the fact that they have retained their thieves. According to their statements, the thieves never owned anything, and who knows if Scott Tom and AJ Green are involved, hellwho knows if theres cheating? Do you expect them to come out and admit the thieves still own the company? Even so, Nat mentioned in another forum, after coming back from Costa Rica, he believes Scott Tom is still an owner.

And IT WOULDN'T BE BAD FOR POKER IN GENERAL IF ABSOLUTE POKER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS IT WOULD SHOW THAT THERE ARE ACTUALLY CONSEQUENCES IF A POKER SITE CHEATS. AS OF NOW THERE ARE NONE WHATSOEVER!!!

[ QUOTE ]
(You might also have HURT those owners by making the games tougher.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me that part was a joke! PLEASE!!!