View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: players whose game i respect, please read and comment

I think everything looks good to me, I'm not sure what the standard deviation is on 50k hands, but I'd estimate its probably something absurd like 2.5-3ptbb/100

variance in this game really does go beyond all comprehension, in that unless you actually see it, its tough to grasp just what its capable of

in the end it was only .1ptbb/100, but fgators was down 16-20buyins or something sick like that in allin equity after 1.6million hands

the worst part is, its insanely tough to seperate what is variance and what is bad play, people play worse when running bad, especially over long stretches. something like pokerev doesn't tell the story either, it will tell you how you are running AI, but say you get ai with

J9 vs AJ on a KQT board, you have 6% equity, so losing doesn't mean you are running bad on equity, but you are running horrid vs his range

bad cards coming off(ones that kill action, force you to fold, etc) aren't quantifable, the program can't adjust for ranges so if you run into the upper part of someones range more than you should be, not much you can do but tough it out