Thread: Big razz pot
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Big razz pot

I apologize for my short answers, and for any personal insult you may have felt. I have a lot of respect for you, and have never questioned your motives for posting here -- that you want to give quality advice to the readers of this forum. As for my motives, I already have as many students as I can handle and I welcome any "competition" that can elevate the state of the game of razz. I still post in this forum for the same reason I always have -- because I feel a responsibility to readers here that are looking to get better at razz.

As for the analysis of this particular hand, I only had a few minutes to go over it but I was surprised and disappointed that you posted such a detailed analysis that was so far off the mark. Playing good poker is really making good assumptions about the opponents and situation, and choosing the most +EV line to take given those assumptions. I don't think that any of your assumptions (that seat 5 didn't pair, that seat 1 will raise behind you and the betting will get capped again, that implied odds can be ignored, and that hero needs to fold 5th unless you achieve a 10:1 outflopping) are correct. I also think the line you're taking here when you've already jammed the pot on 3rd and it's been capped 3 ways is seriously -EV with more reasonable and informed assumptions. Please see Rusty's and betgo's posts for the detailed math.