Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Padrons are awesome. I usually smoke the 3000. I think the regular series are the best bang for your buck in cigars today, and the Aniversarios are beyond belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the padron 30 year anniversario lonsdale. Solid smoke.

I've had a chance to smoke some more habanos, and the cohiba robusto is by far my favorite stick. I've found a source for them at $10/stick so i'm pretty happy with that although I have to buy a box for that price. Smoked a monte petit corona last night and i give it good marks for the price. About to go drop off some mail and will smoke one of the Romeo and Juliet escudos (long robusto) regalas limited edition, looking forward to it. Last night I ordered a box of H. Upmann connasieur no.1 b/c I really liked the stick and got a really good deal at $200/box of 25, plus I had to fill an order for a friend. Along with that box is coming some Cohiba siglo VI's, a Cohiba Genios, and some monte cristo no. 2's i believe, the pyramides vitola, as well as a Cohiba Esplendidos (churchill). I'm really looking forward to the genios- I smoked the secretos and didnt really like it, it was too small and too tight to really enjoy the maduro, wheras the genios is 5.5 inches with a 52 guage. At this point in time though, the partagas petit corona is the best cuban for the dollar, and the cohiba robusto is imo the best robusto, w/ the h. upmann being a close second. Getting into cubans has been fun but expensive lately b/c I decided to buy some limited editions and a couple boxes that I'm putting away for (hopefully) a few years to let them age, which, I keep hearing is the thing to do.

Fwiw though, the punch rare corojo is still by far and away the best cigar for the price. I paid $185 for a box of 50 Rothschilds.

But man, I wish I could get Cohibas for the price they start out at in Cuba! I heard they're about $4 US/stick in Cuba, and that's likely a tourist price. So smooth, nutty, consistent, big draw, mild and mellow, awesome construction.

I think it's time to visit Havanna [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Tex