View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Default 2/4 4bet pot, question on villain\'s play

Ok, I'm posting results in this hand because one of my questions revolves around villains hand.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($413)
CO ($126)
Button ($691.10)
SB ($396)
BB ($466.90)
UTG ($400)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, CO calls $14, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $55</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $185</font>, CO folds, Button calls $130.

Flop: ($387) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $228 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $228.

Turn: ($843) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($843) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $843

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc As (three of a kind, aces).
Button has Qh Qd (full house, queens full of aces).
Outcome: Button wins $843. </font>

No stats for villain, from limited play seemed decent/thinking, I was running at 22/19 at the table over like 50 hands.

Obviously I was a little bleh but it happens and I was like I can't blame villain for calling (and obv I'm happy he did). But after thinking about it for a while, I'm not sure I can make the call in his pos. If we switch positions around, I def call or shove with QQ. I would put me(him?) on JJ+/AK, don't see too many people 4betting with TT. When I call his 4bet he has to put me on something similar, maybe not even JJ in the range. When he leads the flop with a shove, I think I can discount JJ because he probably has me on a range that beats him there and just gives up on the pot (I would c/f JJ here I think a huge percent of the time). Anyways, I think I'd probably be crushed or chopping at this point, but I'm still not sure if I fold. Thoughts?

Also, I think that my flop lead looks so strong that checking and letting him bet at it is the right play. I think a check looks so strong here too that he may check behind and fold to a turn bet though so I'm really not sure what's the right play.

Also, wtf is up with the ftr converter I had to edit the [censored] out of this..

edit: just to make the post longer, I hit a 3 outer on the river for a 1k pot on another table like 10 hands before this, so justice