View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Home game ruling - was this guy a douche?

[ QUOTE ]
In short, tabling a hand locks it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this apply for both tournament and cash games? My original responses were directed at the OP's game being cash. I'm finding it hard to believe that the actions of a player, saying he folds and throwing his hand away, can be overridden by the fact that his cards could land face up. Or are we going to argue Adolf didn't say "fold" so technically he didn't fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes, that is a technicality, but a very important one. When I work, unless someone says "fold" or "pass", I don't count it as such until the cards are in my hand in the muck. Even then, it's best to wait for the hand to be mucked before acting on it.

I only deal cash games. Look again at the OP. He didn't throw his hand away and he didn't say he was folding. It's a live hand.

As to the very different situation of someone just throwing his hands in the middle and them happening to land face-up... if it was at showdown, they'd probably still play. At least in my room. But we also have a magical muck. But that's not what happeend here. If someone puts his hand face up on the board, it plays, regardless of what he says.