Thread: Dr. Bob
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Dr. Bob

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rarely +EV to go against him? A large chunk of the units I've made so far this year have come from fading Dr Bob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rarely +EV to wear blue socks? A large chunk of the units I made this year have been when I wear blue socks.

If you'd faded him last year you would've gotten killed.

I think Dr. Bob is a fairly solid 53-54% handicapper. He's got to move the line 7% for you to have an advantage against -110 (that's like moving an NCAA line through the 3). It happens, but he doesn't move most lines enough to do this arbitrarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. My point, just too lazy to explain.

I get sick of the donkeys being happy about being on the other side of a capper who is ten times smarter than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong but isn't Dr. Bob a documented 64% over the last 10 years in CFF?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, last 3 years, he said he 'rejiggered' his models so his bad year before that doesn't count.
It's this sort of 'logic' from him that makes me doubt his wisdom.

5 years including this year he's under 50% twice, 57%, 61%, and one 71% year, way above any other season he ever had [obvs].

He also shuts it down early when he runs hot early, and picks more and more games if he's cold:
103 picks - 46%
90 picks - 62%
74 picks
- 71%
You paid for a whole season, but got 39% less picks...when he was supposedly 'handicapping' better than anyone. When he's doing badly you got 29 more picks that lost on average --see the big problem?

See the trend? Yao and others have pointed out [in multiple places] that you have to watch out for 'cappers who do this -- I forget the name of the 'capper that got famous for betting more and higher as season wore on and he was down.

His 5-yr average [since 2003] is just over 55%, certainly a winning bettor, but virtually all due to that super-hot 71% year where he shut it down early. 4 outta the 5 past years combined he's EV=0.

Can someone give me the official stats on DrBob this year, I haven't updated past few weeks.