View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Questions about the high stakes concept of heads up nl SNG\'s

This is my first post but I am a regular winner in the 55s, 88s and 110s on FT. So the first thing I notice is that your thoughts are very jumbled. You seem confused about what is actually happening to you and you are writing down scenarios in a disorganized manner.

What this implies to me is that you are rushing your decision on the virtual felt. You are probably panicking and making rash decisions without thinking about the reasons behind them. Likely you need to do is slow down a bit on your decisions and think about the information you acquire early in the match. By the middle stages, you should have a fairly good idea about how your opponent plays. If he begins minraising every hand on the button in the middle stages it is probably not because he has hit an incredible run of cards but because he realizes the importance of stealing your blinds.

So start 3-betting or moving all in (depending on your stack in relation to the blinds) with hands like A9 , KJs or 55. You need to be willing to gamble a little more if he is taking advantage of his button excessively. On your end, you should be minraising frequently and re-evaulating if he repops. The information you gain early in the match is critical to your decision making process in this stage.