Thread: Big razz pot
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Big razz pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your guaranteed to be raised by seat 1 almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong

[ QUOTE ]
You need 10:1 or better to call here AFTER the action on the street is complete

[/ QUOTE ]
ridiculous

[ QUOTE ]
(I prefer not factoring implied odds but there is some argument for that)

[/ QUOTE ]
horrible

[ QUOTE ]
if we know that seat 1 is going to raise 80% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
evidence please

[ QUOTE ]
then you are getting odds of 17.73:2. Then when we factor seat 5's probably going to cap again like he did on 3rd street then this hand should go instantly in the muck, do not call seat 5's bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
weak, tight, wrong

[ QUOTE ]
From 5th on its played correctly, you cant fold until the river because the pot is so large.

[/ QUOTE ]
very good analysis

[/ QUOTE ]

put your ego back in your pocket - its no secret your post was designed to help sell your coaching sessions - thats ridiculous because I am not your competition. And once your ego is back in your pocket go re-read Theory of Poker because if thats how you advise people to play then your teaching a new group of players to dive in while not looking at the obvious or an understanding of odds.

Folding on 4th street is poker 101, calling is fishy. Betgo is guaranteed to be calling a raise and possible a three bet, its a huge error. Anyone who has played limit poker and understands the mathematics of the game would agree... its a trap situation, your gonna get caught and your not getting the right odds to play on. You are 10:1 against outflopping both opponents on the following street, and even then you are stuck with a scenario where your all still drawing - which is why its probably best to not factor in the implied odds while still on 4th street because you might get stuck in a reverse implied odds scenario if the perfect storm hits.

Re: 10:1, I love the blanket "ridiculous" statement. Tell us all then what are the odds of outflopping both opponents on 5th street, I hope you don't end up looking like the emperor with new clothes. Even when you outflop the opponents on 5th nobody is going anywhere, its still a 3-way draw often enough because both opponents would see a 4 card hand.

Re: "raise 80% of the time" - perhaps I should have said 90%? Seat five capped on 3rd street and has the best board, he would be insane not to 3-bet vs seat 1's raise with (**)A9 unless he paired. A blind monkey can see that this is the outcome more often than not, Betgo was lucky it didn't occur.

Seriously - if your gonna disagree then at least give qualified responses with mathematical and analytical proof like I did in both posts, saying "wrong" and "ridiculous" with no meat to back up your statements is "amateurish" and "lame". I don't ever come out attacking or slandering you like this, its not cool.