View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Mini-Trip Report: Artichoke Joes’ new no-limit game.

[ QUOTE ]
Garland, since you seem to be knowledgeable about Bay Area poker games - how would you compare AJ's game to the Lucky Chances 1/1/2 $4 bring-in game? If you're familiar with the Hayward 1/2/2 game, how big does that usually play?

I live in Menlo Park and usually play 2/5 in Vegas but the weird structure of all the Bay Area games (plus the fact that half are spread limit) makes it hard to find a game I like. I've played at Lucky Chances a few times but don't really like it all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played Lucky Chances 1-1-2 a long time ago when it was a 100 rather than a 100 to 200 buy-in game. It was also the time when they took time collection rather than rake, so I'm pretty ancient on this. I never really liked it when it was $100 only as it was only 25BB. But I don't know how to compare it now since I never played it since they bumped it to $200.

The Palace can be a good game as it was when I primarily played it in 2005, but it can also play small. Kill pots and character play into consideration. I tend to think it plays much smaller than before in general. I don't go there very much anymore.

I generally don't play low stakes no-limit, so I can't give you a consistent sense of these games. However, if you were to put a gun to my head, I'd say go for the AJ's 100-300 game. It looks very good.

Garland