View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Default beat: usps and UPS

i received a notification of a parcel delivery made to my house that i was not there to retrieve on 11/6. It says I can pick it up 8-5 on 11/7. i couldnt make it before 5 on the 7th, so i go on the 8th.

The post office has a solitary waiting room with a closed and locked door and a bell you are supposed to ring. I ring it and wait 5 minutes. I ring it 2 more times and wait 10 minutes. Finally a delivery truck pulls up and a guy walks in and i ask him for help and hand him the notice. He comes back and says I need to come back on the 9th since its still on the truck of the original deliveryman.

wtf.

I come back saturday since they're open til 1pm at about 12:50 ring the doorbell a bunch of times to no answer.

I walked off fuming.

I went back today and ring the bell and waited and rang and waited and rang and waited. Then 2 more people show up who are pissed and ring the doorbell a thousand times.

Finally the door opens and a worked leaves with a stupid grin informing us the post office is closed today.

I told her thanks for opening the door while we were ringing the bell to let us know.

[censored] the postal service.

Beat: UPS wont let me pick up a package at their delivery center because i shipped an item UPS ground til they make their third and final delivery attempt which was always at the same [censored] time: when nobody is home.

[censored] them too.