View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: TP2K in 3bet pot (NL50)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You played it right. I would probably also just call the flop, depends on the metagame. But definitely I am willing to felt top pair the majority of time. You need a good reason to fold top pair in HU. This doesn't seem like one of those spots.

I can't believe you posted the same hand on FTR. Is this really such a trouble hand? Seems standard to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you plz explain to me what you mean by "metagame"

thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is one definition that sums it up nicely which was given by Ray Zee from the poker theory forum .

metagame : it is the altering of your opponent's perception of you for your benefit .

Metagame also refers to situations where you make a decision that may not be optimal but for purposes to gain information for future reference . For instance , you may make a river call that may be slightly negative EV but for the added benefit of knowing your opponent's betting patterns and what they mean . You're trying to figure out your opponent before he figures you out . In order to remain inscrutable , you must be willing to alter your opponent's perception of you for your benefit . Likewise , your opponent should be willing to do the same .