View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Assani vs the StatHeads: Evaluating NFL QBs

[ QUOTE ]
No, you were talking about Harrison only. You made no mention of Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzales, or Tony Ugoh.

[/ QUOTE ]
The point is the exact same. And yes you're right that I didn't mention that those guys were out because I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THAT GAME IN PARTICULAR. You are the one that brought up that one game in particular.Nevertheless, my point remains the same- Manning's great numbers are aided by a great supporting cast. When you give him a decent cast(which is what he had last night as Wayne and Addai are still solid weapons) he is good but not the best QB of all time.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you don't. You threw it out there because it sounded good and supported your point, but you didn't really believe the specific example was relevant, did you?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh....look dude, I've come into this debate with an open mind to learn and I've asked others to do the same....obviously its hard to decipher "tone" on a message board, but it really sounds to me like you just want to prove yourself right and not look to truly find the best evaluation methods...I honestly have no desire to do that. If you want to "win" this argument, then fine- I concece, you win.

[ QUOTE ]
I do think that offense effects defense and vice versa

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, thats all I was ever saying(although you conveniently picked out two sentences of my paragraphs so that people might not see that).

[ QUOTE ]
Houston's first nine drives (not including a return touchdown) averaged 1:45. They had 11 minutes of possession through 3 quarters.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I don't really understand what Houston's TOP has to do with Tennesee's offensive gameplan.

[ QUOTE ]
Compare that to the Titans, Sunday, who managed 4 drives 2 minutes or longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I still don't really see where you're going with this.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, if your offense is ball control, no risks, field position - what happens when the Titans get behind?

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously you'd have a different gameplan for different situations.

To further my point about gameplan....

If I asked the "stat heads" what were VY's best games this season, they would probably say the Indy and N.O. games in which VY put up a 95.3 and 97.5 QB rating, 3 TDs, and only 1 INT. Do you think its a total coincidence that N.O. and Indy have high powered offenses and the Titans probably knew coming into those games that they'd have to open up their offense a bit to keep up? I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
Vince Young turns the ball over 3 times? Vince Young did no favors for his defense yesterday

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see the game yesterday...in fact, for some reason I don't even remember seeing the highlights...dunno why. Anyway, obviously I am not qualified to comment on that game.

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, with 8 interceptions in his last 5 games, Vince Young hasn't done much for anybody but opposing defenses.

[/ QUOTE ]
Statements like this are why I dislike the "stathead's" views so much.

99,959 and counting