View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Assani vs the StatHeads: Evaluating NFL QBs

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused....I was trying to show that Manning wouldn't put up as great of numbers without having his great WRs and surrounding cast....and in reponse to that you point out that he was missing several of his top WRs and supporting cast last night.....ummmmm, isn't that the point of that analysis??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you were talking about Harrison only. You made no mention of Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzales, or Tony Ugoh.

[ QUOTE ]
Meh....obviously I understand how ridiculous I am going to sound if I answer "yes" to your second question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you don't. You threw it out there because it sounded good and supported your point, but you didn't really believe the specific example was relevant, did you?

I do think that offense effects defense and vice versa, but let's look at the Houston game again. Houston's first nine drives (not including a return touchdown) averaged 1:45. They had 11 minutes of possession through 3 quarters.

Compare that to the Titans, Sunday, who managed 4 drives 2 minutes or longer.

Besides, if your offense is ball control, no risks, field position - what happens when the Titans get behind? Vince Young turns the ball over 3 times? Vince Young did no favors for his defense yesterday. In fact, with 8 interceptions in his last 5 games, Vince Young hasn't done much for anybody but opposing defenses.