View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Assani vs the StatHeads: Evaluating NFL QBs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Averages are per game

2004: 284.8 yards, 3.06 TDs, 67.6% completion percentage, 0.625 INTs, 121.1 QB rating

2005: 234.2 yards, 1.75 TDs, 67.3% completion percentage, 0.625 INTs, 104.1 QB rating

2006: 274.8 yards, 1.94 TDs, 65.0% completion percentage, 0.56 INTs, 101.0 QB rating

2007: 265.1 yards, 1.77 TDs, 64.1% completion percentage, 1.11 INTs, 90.8 QB rating

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what these numbers were before last night, when he was missing 3 of his top 4 receivers and both starting tackles. Surely the INT numbers would be much better.

[ QUOTE ]
But in the one game that Collins started, it was a total shootout: 38-36!! And Houston isn't known as a high powered offense at all either.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 32-7 after 3 quarters. Are you arguing that the offensive gameplan made the defense give up 29 points in the fourth quarter?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I'm confused....I was trying to show that Manning wouldn't put up as great of numbers without having his great WRs and surrounding cast....and in reponse to that you point out that he was missing several of his top WRs and supporting cast last night.....ummmmm, isn't that the point of that analysis???

Edited to add: While Manning did hurt his INT numbers before last night, he helped his yardage and TD numbers last night. His completion percentage stayed about the same(maybe dropped a fraction of a point).

Meh....obviously I understand how ridiculous I am going to sound if I answer "yes" to your second question. But I do honestly think that some offensive gameplans(ball control, run the ball a ton, try for very long drives, no risks, give your defense good field position) will help your defenese while others(deep passes, little protection for your QB, big risks) will often hurt your defense.

99,987 and counting