View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can u challenge my view pls. if tehres basic flaws anywhere i would like them corrected. (im serious)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between stating that you agree with something (eg that God exists) and actually believing that thing.

If God exists, and if God's requirements to 'get in to heaven' are simply that you believe he exists, then he will know that you don't even tho you say you do. So are you really hedging your bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is a direct questioning of my direct views, as opposed to views on teh whole. what i said before was to explain to people why i think believing in religion is correct.

once u get past this stage, what u do is up to you. every church my mother has brought me to has said bascially 'accept jesus into ure heart, and youre good to go'. i hoenstly havent put enough work into figuring how much more than this there is, but i have also considered that its something that can either be instantaneous for some, but also take a lifetime for others.

edit: my basic conclusion is that they mean that u have to love jesus. so its teh same with love. u can love at first sight or you can grow to love someone and still have the end result that you'd love them equally as much.