View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 25NL 6 max. All-in riv against aggressive opponent

If the spade or straight card didn't come I was going to check/fold.

My thought process, obviously quickly, went something like:
He bet the pot on the turn, and the other guy in the pot folded, so I knew I would be heads up if I played. I also saw I had over 2 times the amount of the call left, and I had thought I could get him all-in if my straight made without a spade (figuring he'd call it seeing it as a busted flush draw). Also figured I could go all in with the spade representing the made flush, and have him fold with those hands.

His bet on the turn didn't look like a value bet from a 4 flush, so I didn't think he was on a flush draw and was betting to protect TPTK or 2 pair. I figured 4:1 implied odds for the 3 non spade nines and 3 non spade aces that made my straight, and I was getting 2:1 on my call for the 9 spades that came which I could bluff with.

It felt like a play that made sense. It worked, I just don't know if it was because I got really lucky, or if it was a sound play.

edit: I was just checking out an odds chart, seeing I was 6.67:1 to hit the 6 outs for the non-spade straight card (I thought it was a bit lower when I played the hand) to win 4:1 implied and another 4.11:1 odds for my 9 outs to probably win 2:1. Could someone also show me how to add those odds up for the hand?