View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Card Dead in MTT - When to start calling/trying to steal

stealing is very very situational . do not get into absolute moves. i don't always c-bet. some ppl say hu always c-bet.sometimes i just give up if i fel he's not folding high % enough. so i c-bet 90% of the time hu.

here are 2 situational plays i made one just now.100 buy in tropicana ac. blinds are 200- 400 w ante of 50. girl utg+1 limps. she has been tight solid and played well. bb is also tight solid. im in sb w 93suited and i shove 6k. bb is not calling w/o a big hand he thought then mucked kq (he showed me bc we had ben talking whole tourn) she mucked too. they both knew i MIGHT be FOS but they are tight they want to wait for a good spot which made this a good spot for me.what also helped me was i was super card dead and had been playing apparently real tight to anyone paying attention.

a few minutes ago online a player who has limped a few times open limps w 9.8 bb in mp. this tells me a) he's weak b) he's a donkey for not shoving. the prior open limps tell me he aint sloplayin. c) he aint callin when i shove. i had 10bb and k9s in cutoff or button.i shoved and won the pot

this is all situational and "feel" oriented play. look for these advantageous spot and dont be afraid to pull the trigger. sometimes youll be wrong or someone behind you wakes up w a big hand but youll still suk out sometimes.