View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: could US collapse like the USSR did ?

No chance of US collapsing...but the recession will be greater then the 30's that everyone will agree. It is now time for Americans to realize they aren't this great Super power and start practicing what they preach. "Buy American made" to start....most of the people that are critical of what is happening shop at stores like Walmart which based on it's imports from China would make it the 9th largest country buying from there if it where a country. Americans have to start investing in themselves if they want to survive. In Canada where I am from we have laws to protect over saturation and keep a Canadian content provision. I can tell you that myself like many other Canadians are feasting on the bargains in the property market in the excited states. I just bought waterfront 1.5 acres in northern California for 1/2 of the last purchase price. This is what happens when Americans think 0 down and blended 40yr mortgages with 3-5yr teaser rates are a good idea....my 5 yr old could have figured that scenario wasn't good.