View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: party vs stars difference

I certainly don't have any definitive proof that pstars is rigged, but I did have a very suspicious thing happen once.

I was in one of the $200 buyin deep stack tourneys a while back where there was a $1000 bounty on a few pros. CrazyCanuck was one of the bounty pros and I happened to be sitting to his left right at the start of the tourney.

About 5 minutes into the event I was dealt KK and raised his bet pre-flop, which he called. I can't remember the exact flow of play but the flop was K-2-10 rainbow or something but he called my raise with what turned out to be A5. The turn was a 3, I went all in (maybe after a raise or two) and he called, needing a 4 to stay alive.

Of course the river was a 4 and I busted.

I guess you could put it down to him thinking I was bluffing, or maybe he put me on a small pair or something, but at the time I was thinking there was no way he could call with a gutshot draw, especially with a bounty on his head.

I've always wondered if there was some kind of shady deal, like, "Don't worry, we'll make sure you don't lose any showdowns in the first 2 hours."