View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: have i set this up to fire the river?

One thing outside the hand itself to consider is simply the point in the tournament. Do you want to put a bunch of chips into the pot at this stage against someone who'll call with a wide range of hands this far out? I don't know about that.

Did you have any reads in this guy? When I see the weak, 'not going to drive anyone out' turn bet, the read is so important. We all know players that will do this with monsters or do this because they're inexperienced and believe any bet will pick up the pot (after all, a K did hit the turn!).

Him calling your raise on the turn probably means he doesn't have nothing at all. So you have a couple of options:

1. Check and give it up. Not so bad, since you haven't put a lot into the pot, you'll get the information of what hand he played this way, and doesn't affect your tournament standing too much either way (you don't have to win EVERY pot you enter), or

2. Bet, like pokerfarian says, around 2200 - pot size, which will be around a third of his remaining stack. Again, the read with this option becomes important.

Personally, I don't mind giving up the pot at this stage of the tournament if I don't have a good enough read to say one way or the other the likelihood of him calling. I still get the info on what the hell that turn bet meant.

How'd it play out?