View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: 50NL: AKs - How do I get to valuetown?

I disagree with 3 betting on the turn. Babala you make a good agrument, but I think 3 betting the turn is going to lose a ton of value from hands we dominate because nothing can really make the call (except for maybe the straight and we can all agree the straight is a very unlikely holding).

What does that turn raise really mean? Straight? possible tho unlikely, the straight probably folds to a 3-bet, but will fire again on the riv if the diamond doesn't come (great odds he'll put money in when he's way behind).

weak flush? again possible, but we're looking at a J high flush at best. This hand is going to maybe make a marginal call on the turn, but again is manditory to bet the riv.

A set? probably worest case senario because it's hard to extract value AND we can be out drawn, but I'm siding with sbrugby here and playing the hand for max value. Again, given a call behind on the turn we're probably getting the villian to bet the riv which hopefully didn't pair the board.

Other than that maaaybe the diamond sparked a bluff and if that's the case another barrell on the riv from an agro player makes sense.

With the strength of our hand I just see the rereaise on the turn from the villian as more of a tester rather than a show of monster strength.