View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Hand Reading Practice

His weird bet means that he is "paying attention" or whatever to this hand - he isn't on autopilot. (You can't drag the slider to that amount). Which leads me to think he is "paying attention" with this flop bet as well. And its STUPIDLY small. He HAS to expect OP to be raising this bet all the time (OP even mentions that villain is a reg. and view OP as "a touch on the aggressive side"). To me, this suggests that a LOT of the time (like, more than half?), villain WANTS OP to be raising here.

Which means to me that something is going on in his head. Yeah, his agg. factor doesn't have to do with betsize, but it does mean that he is competent and presumably c-bets a lot. Matrix didn't specify, but it would really surprise me if villain c-bets this often. And it isn't exactly an "expert play" to bet small hoping for a raise from a villain who you view as overly aggressive - in fact, its really pretty basic, and someone (even if only over 1 session) playing 22/17 is definitely capable of figuring that out.

Love to hear others thoughts on this.

Todd