View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: NL25, minraised set

[ QUOTE ]
I barely ever fold a pocket pair pre-flop to one raise. I need a special reason (which could possibly come via stats or reads) in order to fold the pocket pair....not a reason in order to call with it. And I need a better reason to fold it then "The button is the one who raised and/or I'm OOP."

[/ QUOTE ]

In his defense, you are better at playing marginal hands OOP than a significant portion of the people here in UNL, I'm going to guess.

With a 75ish BB stack, a PFR to 4.5bb's is more than 5 percent of our stack. We may get a caller behind (the limper) but we certainly aren't positive. To call this, we need to be creative enough to not check/fold every time we miss on the flop. We need to be able to see situations here and there where we whiff and take it away from villain because of board texture , blah blah blah, etc . . .

That said, this is a(n easy) call for me, but I don't think its thaaaat bad if you aren't real confident with your postflop skills to fold a small pair to a raise when OOP and only 3/4 stacked.

As played: Repop to 12, shove your remaining few dollars on turn looks good. Overpair probably isn't going away and this is a vaguely drawing board for overcards/jq etc.